- Flexibility: Unlike most of our competitors, we never try to "lock you in" by building your site in a proprietary system. Using a proprietary Content Management system (one that is owned by your web developer) means that your new website would NEVER be able to be used or improved upon by any other developer in the world, and that the site would NEVER be able to be moved to any other web hosting company. In other words, your site can only exist as long as you are willing to lock yourself in to the original developer for life. But our sites are always built using open-source, non-proprietary, nationally recognized platforms such as Joomla, osCommerce, and WordPress. This also allows you to expand your site's capabilities in the future quite easily, by taking advantage of thousands of publically available, free modules which can add additional functionality to your site with a few mouse clicks.
- Focus: Our focus is websites and only websites. We are not network technicians pretending to understand web programming, we are not a print advertising agency pretending to understand web graphics, browser compatability, and search engine optimization. We know the standards, techniques, and practices that actually work because this is what we've been dedicated to since before most of the competition even existed!
- Better Service: It's simple - we are real people, located right here in Buffalo, NY, and we fully understand the issues that you will face in developing and hosting your website. When you call us looking for answers to your questions (no matter how simple or complex they might be), you will not be sent through a maze of prompts to get to an untrained "Level 1" agent - you get connected immediately to some of the most knowledgable staff in the industry - right here in Buffalo. We understand the technology behind what it is you want to do and we strive to not only answer your question, we actually try to help you understand the issue - "Give a man a fish and you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime"
- Honesty: We have been in business since the early days of the internet. In that time, we have seen plenty of hosting and design companies come and go. But we realize that our ability to grow and prosper is directly linked to your personal satisfaction with our service - 60% of our clients come from word-of-mouth referrals from existing customers. (Another 20% come from bad experiences at the "big guys" like GoDaddy, HostMonster, etc).That is why we do not follow the "sham" policies that have become standard practice for many of the world's largest hosting companies: we do not offer free hosting scams, we do not offer supposed "unlimited services", and we do not oversell server capacity. We just offer unbeatable service at a very fair price.
- Local Economy: When you choose Buffalo Web Services, you are literally supporting the local economy. We have chosen to stay in Western New York because we want to help create a vibrant, growing economic environment for the sake of our children's future.